Web development frameworks are now ruling the digital world, and no one can even think of surviving without the existence of frameworks like Angular.js, Laravel, and React.js in the market. These frameworks are worth the hype. There are many Web development frameworks, but choosing the right one is challenging. Probably two people are reading this article: one might be an enterprise owner who has to choose a framework that will be maintained for the next 5 years and fit the company's resources and goals. Another person who is binge-watching the blog, perhaps the developer who is looking for a job and is willing to find a high-demand that is eventually highly paid framework in the industry.
What this article will cover?
Here in this article, we will enlist the most favorable frameworks for both enterprises and developers. Let’s just not overshadow the significance of each framework. The blog isn’t about giving a spotlight to only one framework, but to breaking down, using factors such as advantages and limitations, framework philosophies, syntax, popularity, and more, so you can figure out which one feels right for you and works better with Laravel.
Research Behind the Blog
To find the frameworks' popularity, we employed data from reliable sources like GitHub, and StackOverflow Developer Survey. For the demanding framework in the job market currently, we thoroughly worked on Job Search engine Indeed's data.
A Glimpse of Laravel
The Laravel framework provides an expressive, elegant syntax for building web applications. Laravel attempts to make development truly enjoyable by easing common tasks used in most web projects, such as authentication, routing, sessions, and caching.
Why React is Popular and Disruptive?
What are the Key Features of React:
- UI views are implemented in React core by a collection of unopinionated libraries. Application developers can use it in conjunction with other libraries in the React Ecosystem to build end-to-end applications.
- With React, software engineers can write apps for any kind of user interface, i.e., Web, Mobile, Desktop, or even Smart TV. Its slogan is "Learn Once, Write Anywhere.".
- In contrast to other client-side web frameworks, React is the best when it comes to Server Side Rendering and SEO support.
- React is one of Facebook's top priorities, and the company is actively pursuing it. So far, React features have been tested with 2.7 billion Facebook users. Facebook has battle-hardened the company, and it will remain in the industry as long as it exists.
- This is one of the most innovative and disruptive frameworks currently available. A few of its innovations include one-way data binding, declarative programming, and immutable state. Currently, it is focused on improving concurrency support, performance, and code efficiency.
- Multiple sources indicate that React is one of the most popular web frameworks. According to GitHub, it ranks second among all web framework stars:
- According to the StackOverflow developer survey 2020, React was ranked as the second most popular Web Framework after jQuery
- React is also ranked as the second most loved Web Framework in 2020
- The US job market is dominated by React and it is the most popular framework for enterprises.
The Regime of Angular
A Client-Side Model-View-Whatever (MVW) Web Framework that Provides an End-to-End Model-View-Whatever Experience After the failure of AngularJS (Angular 1+), Google introduced Angular in 2016. Traditional Web Frameworks such as Angular offer two-way Data Binding, Convention over Configuration, and Dirty Checking. In addition, it used TypeScript as its native language and played a key role in popularizing it. In the last five years, no major breaking changes have been introduced to Angular. It is a framework that is perfect for enterprise application development and is also focusing on stability and robustness over innovation.
- Angular is a "Batteries included" framework for building applications from the ground up. An Angular project can be created using the Angular CLI, one of the best CLIs in web development
- The learning curve is steep for this heavyweight Client-side framework
- It offers highly secure features such as DOM sanitation and is the most secure Client-Side framework
- Using it, you can develop Apps for various deployment targets, including Web, Mobile Web, Native Mobile, and Native Desktop
- A Google-backed framework, Angular has excellent tooling support and is widely used in the industry
- In recent years, Angular has lost traction. However, it is a mature and enterprise-grade framework that companies love. As a result, it is regarded as one of the most popular Web frameworks
- It is the third most starred Web Framework in GitHub
- Angular ranked behind jQuery and React in the StackOverflow developer survey 2020
- Angular is in high demand on the job market due to its enterprise-friendly features. Due to this, Angular developers are in high demand and only second to React developers in terms of job openings